Friday, July 29, 2011

My Latest Great Find!

I'm always on the lookout for great looking storage pieces - either for myself or to recommend to clients. I'm in the process of doing some renovations to a partially finished laundry and storage room which I'd also like to use eventually as a workroom for some of my art, craft, and sewing projects. 
I've been trying to find suitable storage solutions for my huge inventory of art & craft supplies, fabrics, trims, paper, ribbons, and all the materials I collect for my mixed media collages. I happened to get a newsletter from Somerset Studio, a long time favorite magazine which specializes in the art of paper and mixed media, and saw a link to The Original Scrap Box, a scrapbooking storage system with fold out table and cabinets for the home. The scrap book organizing armoire converts into a storage craft table for the home. It also offers shelving, racks, carry totes, ribbon boxes, and a variety of other storage components for sewing, crafts, art projects, and more. They have several different styles to choose from, and the pieces come in either stained or painted finishes, and they also offer a few wood options as well - maple, oak, and cherry.

The website also has several videos which show the various storage systems in action, which is very helpful because you can see how they all work and how all the parts and pieces fit together. Once I saw that, I was able to make a decision pretty quickly about which one would work best for me. Now, all I have to decide on is the color or stained finish! Oh, and finish the room so that I can start using it as a bona fide workroom!

Special offer to my readers  - if you use "100ship" you'll get $100 off the total shipping price of any purchase from The Original Scrap Box!



No comments: